Jenny Lind Elementary is located in the Sierra Nevada foothills,
serving the communities of Rancho Calaveras and the greater Jenny Lind area.
The school was named for Jenny Lind, a famous entertainer of the 19th century.
The original school was built in the town of Jenny Lind in 1872, and
primarily served the children of local miners. The school was closed in
June of 1956. It was destroyed by fire a few years later, but it began a
second life in 1989 as portables on the campus of Valley Springs Elementary.
The new campus was built at the present location and occupied in 1992.
In 2001, ten new classrooms were added to allow us to switch from
a year-round schedule to the present modified traditional schedule.
The school serves students in Kindergarten through sixth grade
with a total enrollment of approximately 730 students.